- The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is an international postgraduate award for students to study at the University of Cambridge, with 40-50 scholarship recipients chosen each year from the US.
- The scholarship pays tuition and a living stipend for the duration of a one to a three-year graduate program, and pays for flights to and from England at the beginning and end of your years of study, with additional travel funds accessible.
- Applicants will be considered on the merits of their outstanding intellectual ability, leadership potential, a commitment to improving the lives of others, and a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate program at Cambridge for which they are applying.
- You must have at least a bachelor’s degree by the time you start your studies at Cambridge.
- Any required GPA is determined by the individual graduate program at Cambridge, with an average GPA of recipients between 3.7 and 4.0.
- You must apply to your Cambridge graduate program in addition to completing the Gates Cambridge application.
- The application opens in early September, with a foundation deadline around the second week in October. (Note that there are no BYU deadlines for this scholarship.)
A university endorsement is not required for applications to the Gates Cambridge Scholarship. We are, however, available to assist you in your application efforts. Moreover, we would appreciate email notification if you are planning to apply for this scholarship. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like the Prestigious Scholarships Committee to write your Gates Cambridge reference letter, please contact us by the Monday of the second week of the school. Additionally, if you are selected as a finalist we would be happy to help you with interview preparation, etc. Please refer to the deadlines listed on the foundation website.