- The Schwarzman Scholarship is an opportunity for students to gain a Master's of Global Affairs at Tsinghua University in Beijing, with about 140 recipients chosen each year from around the world. The program is designed to prepare young leaders to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world.
- The scholarship pays for tuition, required book fees, housing, travel to and from Beijing, an in-country study tour, health insurance, and a stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses.
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university before beginning your studies as a Schwarzman Scholar and you must be at least 18 years old but not over 29 years old.
- There is no GPA requirement to apply for the Schwarzman Scholarship.
- The application opens in April, with a foundation deadline in late September. (Note that there are no BYU deadlines for this scholarship.)
A university endorsement is not required for applications to the Schwarzman Scholarship. We are, however, available to assist you in your application efforts. Moreover, we would appreciate email notification if you are planning to apply for this scholarship. You may contact us at email@example.com. If you are selected as a finalist, we would be happy to help you with interview preparation, etc. If you plan to submit an application for the Schwarzman Scholarship, please refer to the deadlines listed on the foundation website.